Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Reminiscing

I hit the jackpot the other day when trying to figure out how to look at some files on a CD through Linux, which thanks to my personal IT Dept, I found out that the CD was in fact BLANK. Anyway, I found these pictures and since it's still the month of March, I'm going to indulge myself in posting them. They are all of Ryan when we were in the hospital in LA. Maybe you've seen them, maybe not.


Ryan before transplant 2/9/08


Ryan's Room



Ryan on chemotherapy. You can tell he doesn't feel too good. Miraculously though he was extremely well behaved. I think I may have screamed a bit more.


The Big Day
Ryan is just finishing his bath, given by Paul - a favorite of ours




This is what he looked like during the infusion. Since I couldn't be there, I have no idea where they were in the process. I do know it was being infused, and I assume this is just after his blood pressure sky rocketed.


Here it is - we call it the miracle juice. Out of 36 oz of marrow that was taken from my hip, this is what was left to give to him. Kinda crazy!


This is what you look like after you donate bone marrow. If the doctors tell you that you might feel some slight discomfort, the are LYING! You feel a LOT of discomfort. Man, I'm attractive.


Favorite Daily Activities

1 - Reading books


2 - Smiling


3 - Flossing gums with IV line

And...when you are stuck in a hospital room 24/7 you have to get your laughs somehow. Even Ryan thought it was funny that he could no longer bathe in the small bath.



I'm pretty sure this Easter Bunny is on steroids. It looks just like Ryan I know he was on steroids in this picture
There you have it. Kind of fun to look back. It all seems surreal, but it was VERY real.

2 comments:

  1. Even as sick as he was, he was a beautiful baby! You are very blessed! BTW, I'm heading to Utah end of April and would love, love, love to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were in Utah last weekend, but only in the Provo area for a short time. Not long enough to visit friends that we miss as well as fitting in family that you HAVE to see. BTW, you are more than welcome to come and visit in Colorado.

    ReplyDelete