We enjoyed our usual Christmas dinner at Brett's parents tonight. The kids have been SO excited that Christmas Eve has finally arrived.
After dinner/lunch, we came home and we waited for Brett to arrive. We took two separate cars as we had gifts stored at his parent's home.
Once Brett arrived we enjoyed the Nativity read by the kids, along with the Christmas songs that go with it. We started this tradition when the kids were tiny. It has been fun to watch over the years as they have looked forward to this special story. This year we had heard this story twice. At the beginning of the month I split the scripture verses up and we read a verse or two each night. I enjoyed how it really brought the spirit of the season into our home.
After opening our pj's and reading the nativity, and our traditional book from Grandma and Grandpa Berger, we were off to bed.
Ryan was so excited that Santa was coming! I was encompassed in his belief in the magic.
Santa to me is magical. I love that through his magic, we can help those around us. Not everyone is willing to open their lives to just anyone, but I don't know too many people who don't allow Santa in. It is through Santa that we can, if we choose, celebrate the birth of our Savior by loving, giving, and serving as Christ would. Christmas does not have to be about all of the commercialism that some associate with Santa.
I love that my children Believe. It's what makes Christmas.
I believe!
ReplyDelete