Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Summoned By The East - Day Six, Boston

Day Six took us to Boston. Our flight left in the afternoon so we took the opportunity to head into downtown Boston.

There is so much history there. We took followed the red path that took us through the most prominent historical monuments. We viewed Paul Revere's home from the outside. We had thought to go in, but decided we might do it on the way back through. Well, by the time we returned to that area the place was packed and we were hungry.

We were able to see one of the original drums that was used during the battle at Bunker Hill. I know that change is imminent, but in a place like Boston, it is sad to see that so much has been lost to development all around. I imagined what it must have been like then, looking out over the harbor. Now, you cannot see the harbor from standing on Bunker Hill.

There was an AMAZING farmer's market on one of the downtown streets. I had just a tiny bit of anxiety knowing that I wouldn't be able to purchase any of it and take it home.

I'm weird that way. Here it is a month later that I have been home, and I still think I need to live on the east coast.

Reenactment of a military something....

The USS Constitution

A fish...

No comments:

Post a Comment