Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School


Last week my kids went back to school. I'm not a fan of ending summer days. I love having my kids home with me. I have missed them terribly this past week as they have gone off to school.

Ryan is in 5th grade


Sydney is in 2nd grade



For the past few nights I have put Sydney to bed. Last night we lay next to each other and read a new book she got from a friend for her birthday. Sydney has never been one to just listen to a book that doesn't have pictures. I hope this is a dawn of a new day that she will grasp the wonderful world of literature.

Last night Sydney snuggled in close to me after we were finished reading, her body curved into mine. She grabbed my arm and lay it over her and then asked how I could move my arm without her noticing when I leave. I told her it's because she's asleep. She then drifted off to sleep, and I drifted... off... with... her.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what kind of books or topics Sydney likes, but I found a series of books Haley LOVES. They have pictures, but they're still chapter books. They are the Rainbow Fairy books. Each book is only about 5 chapters long, but the stories are very cute. What can I say...I'm all about encouraging young readers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deni...your kids are ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete