Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Flattered

Today I took our van in to have the windshield looked at. It had a leak at the top, so every time we went to the car wash the water would trickle in on the inside.

I handed the keys over to the man working the counter and I took a seat. There was an older man, sitting across from me. He had humongous glasses on, and he too was waiting for his vehicle to receive a new windshield.

He kept looking at me funny, which made me feel funny. After a few awkward minutes, he finally said "Do you have your picture taken for these people?" I kinda laughed and said "No." Then he said, "Look behind you." I looked behind me and there was a picture of a girl that looked similar to me. He said "You are model worthy, are you sure that isn't you?" Then another customer chimed in and agreed (A young woman with a little boy).

I assured them that the picture was NOT of me, and that I had never had anyone pay me to take my picture.

While I don't believe I am "model worthy", as he put it, it felt good that he thought that I looked like the beautiful girl up on the wall.

Made my day actually.

Thanks man with the humongous glasses. That was very kind of you. I'm flattered.

3 comments:

  1. You have ALWAYS been model worthy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say "You ARE model worthy!!!!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are a model to your dad love ya

    ReplyDelete