For quite some time I have been somewhat fascinated with the measurement of time. When I run, I want to be faster. When I bike, I don't so much as think of speed, but rather, can I be back in time for "X", whatever "X" is.
Then there is the measurement of time in a day, and can I possibly fit everything in.
Then time is measured by months, and years.
When the unthinkable happens (death), time stands still.
It is often thought that life would be better if you could turn back time. Perhaps, just a day. If only I could turn the clock back one day, I'm sure I would have no regrets. Right?
When someone you love dies, that day becomes a marker of time. Everything is measured in the time before and after death.
This fascination with time has turned my thoughts yet again to my sister, Azure. I now measure time in the before and after of her death. It is an interesting thing to do, I know, but it happens. I've wondered why everything is thought of as "before Azure died..." or "two weeks after Azure died..." etc.
Strange, I know.
I've come to the realization that the world's measurement of time is based on the life of Christ. Before the Savior of the world was born, time is measure in BC. After his birth, time is measured in AD. What an interesting concept to parallel the life and death of someone I knew personally, and love dearly.
It's the before and after in the measurement of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment