Friday, September 19, 2008

One More Day

Grief is such a crazy thing. You can go hours, days, weeks, possibly even months without feeling down and then a memory, or a thought can up and consume you.

We are nearing the 1 year anniversary of Azure's death. I feel somewhat selfish as I want my family here to surround me. I think back on this time a year ago. I was attending a funeral for a dear friend, and trying to understand what it was that caused him to take his life. Little did I know that I would be grieving the loss of my sister.

So, to that end, Azure, this is what we would do if we had just One More Day....

If you were here we would take another walk in the park with Eric and marvel at the miracle of life just one more time
We would lay on the bed laughing at our feet
We would go and get Chinese, only this time we would not do take out. We'd sit and talk and share advice
We would take pictures, pictures and more pictures and we would take the time to write about them
I would say 'I love you' just a little bit more
I would Thank you for doing my laundry, such a selfless service that meant so much

Oh how I wish I just had one more day, one more moment to tell you that I Love You and let you know how important you are in my life.

For now I just pray that I live my life to merit the blessing of spending eternity with you. I marvel at this life and our purpose here. I picture you wrapping your arms around the young children who have lost their lives recently in your home town. I can see you teaching many spirits about the Gospel of Jesus Christ. You were like that, always happy, eager to share your testimony of Christ.

If only I had One More Day, I would be the better person. I miss you Razz. Here's to One More Day....

2 comments:

  1. Oh Deni. My heart aches for you. Thank goodenss for the gospel and its truths that we have. I love you and if you ever need to talk, I'm here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are strong.

    I once told my mom "this is why we believe what we believe". That's the point of it all at church, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete