Friday, October 19, 2007

My Sister

My blog is turning into a dang dreary read. I didn't think I could pass on sharing my feelings about my sister though.

Azure Dea Starkes was born on June 9, 1983. She went to heaven on October 13, 2007. Azure was so special to me. She was as special to me as she was to everyone else too. Yesterday we had the services for Azure and the church was filled to capacity. There were people in the library, relief society room, young women's room and in the halls. I have never seen so many people at a funeral before. They estimated that there were about 1200 people there. It was a very special day.

Azure was killed in a rollover car accident. At first we all thought she didn't have her seat belt on because she was ejected from the car, but Kati and I were able to spend some time with her at the funeral home and saw the bruises across her chest where her seat belt was.

Azure was 24 years old. She has a 6-month old baby boy named Eric and a husband named Brian. It has been so hard to realize all that has gone on this past week. The community has really rallied behind this family. It is so wonderful to feel the love of so many people who loved my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment