Monday, June 18, 2007

You Go West

This past week Brett spent several days at youth conference with the young men and women of our ward. I was a little anxious to be alone at first, but the kids were great. They both said some things that I think are worth noting so I don't forget someday.

Thursday night I made chicken and rice for dinner. I haven't really made that for them, maybe once in Ryan's lifetime, but surely not enough to know whether it is a yes, I like it or no, I don't. Well, we were sitting at dinner and Ryan wasn't eating. At first he didn't want to eat his corn on the cob because he said it would break his tooth so I cut it off the cob for him. After a few minutes of him sitting there he said "Mom, I can't eat this food. It tastes so unfamiliar to me." I had a good laugh and told him he could either eat the food or go hungry. He chose to go hungry. As I was putting him to bed that night he said "Ahh, I wonder what's for breakfast." I kind of felt bad that he was hungry, but had to follow through so he would know to eat his dinner. At 6:10am the next morning he came in to my room and said "Mom, I thought I heard the sound of cereal bowls on the bar." Poor kid really was pretty hungry.

Sydney also said something funny while Brett was gone. I was cleaning the kitchen and she was telling me about a friend that she met at the park. She said - "Mom, that girl at the park lives a mile away. We need to get in the car and then go west and find her house." I got a good chuckle out of that too as I'm sure a 3 1/2 year old has no idea where west is.

1 comment:

  1. I took it to mean that it was driven by a woman...

    ReplyDelete