Saturday, June 14, 2014

Make-A-Wish Trip - London Day 3 - London Eye and a Big Surprise

As noon was approaching, Brett and I were getting a bit anxious to get over to the London Eye. We walked from Buckingham Palace to the Eye. It was lunch time and we were all hungry. Sydney had been begging for McDonald's since the time we got there. I hate that place. Our rule when we travel outside of our local area is that we have to try different food. No familiar eateries allowed. Today though, we needed to make an exception as we were pressed for time.



Ryan hates McDonald's as much as I do and had seen a sign to Subway so Brett took Syd into McD's and I took Ryan to Subway.

For the past 5 years Ryan has been interacting with the son of one of Brett's former co-workers. They are quite hilarious to listen to and they have become pretty good friends. For a day and a half Ryan kept telling us that he wanted to take the train/bus to see Benj. However, we knew that Benj was coming to see him, so we kept putting off the suggestion that we would allow him to go. He was getting a bit persistent, and we both put our feet in our mouths several times and had to recover.

Ryan and I got our food and headed back to meet Brett and Syd. McDonald's had a nice set of tables and chairs outside and we were hopeful to be able to eat with Brett, or at least take their seats when they were finished eating. We were very fortunate while in London, there was no rain most of the time we were there. The only downside was that it made for a lot of people. When we arrived back to McD's, the tables and chairs were full and Brett and Syd were sharing with a man and his daughter. Brett kindly gave up his chair for Ry and I stood near the table to eat my sandwich. Brett whispered to me that our friends were across the river and that he was going to get in a spot to video Ryan's reaction when he saw his buddy for the first time face-to-face.

I finished my sandwich and Ryan was scarfing his down. I had to remind him that the sandwich was not going anywhere. I kept watching the stairs for our friends. I finally found them as they were approaching us and I waved to Jez. They walked over to our table and Jez said something to Ryan. He didn't know who was talking to him. He looked passed Jez and saw Benj standing there. Ryan was SOOO excited.

We then spent the day with our friends. We sat in the park and visited, took a boat ride on the Thames river, and then rode the London Eye. The only downside to this day was that we were only able to spend about 4 hours with our friends. We were so sad that they had to leave so soon, but so grateful that they took the time, and spent the money to come and spend with us.


Miss Anna feeding the pigeons

This picture cracks me up. Anna wasn't hurting anything by feeding the birds, but it bothered her big brother :)

Doing what boys do best - electronics.

London Tower Bridge


Big Ben





Looking down from the Eye

Syd and her new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment