Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer Vacation - Day Five - Wrapping up in New York CIty, and on To Baltimore

Day Five was our last day in New York. I have to say, on one hand I wish we had more time to spend there, but on the other hand I was ready to move beyond the fast pace of the city life.

Brett and Ryan were able to attend the Manhattan Temple, while Sydney and I hung back at the hotel and packed up the rest of our room and went and had breakfast together.


After the temple, we walked through Central Park (no pictures...duh!) and made our way to our final activity while in New York, "The Lion King".

I love theater, and I especially love Broadway Theater. After watching The Lion King, the kids were sad that they didn't come with me to Phantom. Too bad so sad for them.




Immediately following  our play, we went back to our hotel and gathered our luggage. We then took the subway back into Manhattan and walked a bazillion blocks to catch our bus to Baltimore. We were so rushed to make it to the bus on time. I'm really glad we hurried --as soon as we arrived, we learned that our bus was an hour and a half late. Awesome!

A note about our bus ride - The driver was crazy. I prayed the whole way to Baltimore that we would be safe. We were driving through a terrible thunder/lightening/rain storm, and he did NOT slow down for anything.

Aside from that, it was a pleasant ride and for $20 for the entire family, it was well worth the cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment