Yesterday before conference I asked the kids to give me 20 minutes of their time to help tidy up the house before we watched the first session. I didn't want to have to look at the clutter while trying to feel the spirit of the meeting.
In true Ryan-like fashion, Ryan began to stall. "Twenty minutes, that's all I want," I said. He continued to do a small task and then get sidetracked on a story, or the art of just standing there watching me. I finally said "Ryan, you can get out of cleaning better than anyone I know." To which he responded "I'm not as good as Tom Sawyer. He convinced people to do things for him."
My mother used to have a saying, "I just love work. I could sit and watch it all day." I never liked hearing it and to this day, I have never once said it to my children. But, you are welcome to use it!
ReplyDeleteLOL!!! What a smart kid. My brother Dave could always get his friends to do his chores for him!! And I LOVE the last post...the socks and pants kill me:)
ReplyDeleteOkay that is hilarious! So Ryan, I love that kid! It's great to hear from you and I love your blog. It'll be fun to follow your cute family this way! Say hi to Ryan.
ReplyDelete