When you experience the loss of a loved one, many days, and moments become sacred.
I remember the exact location I was sitting when I received the phone call that Azure had been in an accident. I also remember the thoughts I had leading up to her death. Many of which are sacred to me.
Today is no different.
Azure would have been 27 years old today. There are days that I miss her more than I can say. There are other days that I recognize that her mortal plan has been fulfilled and she has gone on ahead.
Azure was a lot of fun.
Recently we reminisced about a time when she lived with us. She had just gotten a job at Wendy's and had come home to get something. While at the house, she locked her keys in the car. We had to call a police officer to come and help us get the door unlocked.
There were two keys to the car. One key unlocked the doors, the other started the car.
She ran in the house and Brett thought it would be funny to lock the key in the car that drove the car and pretend that he had locked the wrong key in the car. We sat back with anticipation as she walked out of the house to leave. She went to open the door and it was locked, and the key was sitting on the driver's seat. She was LIVID. We had a good laugh, and then she called Brett a few choice words (which will be left off this post), and then she said "That key is the key that unlocks the doors." Oops....we locked the wrong key in the car. We had to call the police officer back. He was irritated, Azure was irritated, and WE couldn't stop laughing. It still makes me laugh. I don't know that I have ever seen someone so mad.
Azure could get out of every ticket. I don't know how she did it. She was pulled over more than once, and I don't think she ever got a ticket. She was lucky that way.
I look forward to the day that I can wrap my arms around my sister.
I honor her memory today, on a sacred day, in a sacred moment.
I remember the exact location I was sitting when I received the phone call that Azure had been in an accident. I also remember the thoughts I had leading up to her death. Many of which are sacred to me.
Today is no different.
Azure would have been 27 years old today. There are days that I miss her more than I can say. There are other days that I recognize that her mortal plan has been fulfilled and she has gone on ahead.
Azure was a lot of fun.
Recently we reminisced about a time when she lived with us. She had just gotten a job at Wendy's and had come home to get something. While at the house, she locked her keys in the car. We had to call a police officer to come and help us get the door unlocked.
There were two keys to the car. One key unlocked the doors, the other started the car.
She ran in the house and Brett thought it would be funny to lock the key in the car that drove the car and pretend that he had locked the wrong key in the car. We sat back with anticipation as she walked out of the house to leave. She went to open the door and it was locked, and the key was sitting on the driver's seat. She was LIVID. We had a good laugh, and then she called Brett a few choice words (which will be left off this post), and then she said "That key is the key that unlocks the doors." Oops....we locked the wrong key in the car. We had to call the police officer back. He was irritated, Azure was irritated, and WE couldn't stop laughing. It still makes me laugh. I don't know that I have ever seen someone so mad.
Azure could get out of every ticket. I don't know how she did it. She was pulled over more than once, and I don't think she ever got a ticket. She was lucky that way.
I look forward to the day that I can wrap my arms around my sister.

Thanks Deni, I needed to see Azures face today but all my pics are packed, I've been thinking about her all day today but can't find the words to express how I feel on my own blog so I'll just leave a comment. I miss her like crazy, today even more so. Thanks for sharing your wonderful sis with our family, she blessed our lives for sure.
ReplyDeleteThat is so sweet of you to honor her with memories!!! We look forward to seeing you guys in less than a month!! I know your children have changed so much! We love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing this with us!! To know her was to love her!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat I would give to hold her in my arms again! I miss that smile soooooooooo very much and you are right...she never got a ticket! I know she was stopped at least six times. What a girl!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete