Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Inspirations

There are few people in life that I can actually say have been a true inspiration to me. Sure I've read stories that have touched me, and I have learned MANY lessons from people I have come in contact with, but my list of people who have actually changed me is not that long.

I'd like to introduce you to a young lady who has been an inspiration to me. Her name is Desmon. She was diagnosed with Chrohn's Disease when she was 7-years old, and as if that isn't bad enough, this past December, she was diagnosed with Leukemia, at the tender age of 11.

Desmon is a beautiful young lady with a lot of spunk. She has taught me that you can laugh, and have fun even in the worst of situations.

Desmon has taught me that it is important to give credit where credit is due. While spending time in the hospital, she threw a surprise birthday party for her mother, who spends countless hours serving her. She gave the credit where it was due.

She has taught me that it isn't about the outcome, but it's about the "climb". She knows that it's the climb, the part of the trial that is the hardest, that makes you YOU.

I look to Desmon, and her mother, and resolve to do better. To be better.

Next weekend, a fundraiser is going to be held in honor of Desmon and her brother McCoy, who was also diagnosed with Chrohn's disease while Desmon was spending time in the hospital battling leukemia.

This family needs your help! You can help by going here.

Sign up for the 1 mile or 5k fun run.

It is only $15 per person - you have that, right?

Can't Run?

Ok.

Sign up to be a Phantom Runner. Haven't you always wanted to be a Phantom? Ooohh, sounds so invisible.

Want to just be nice and donate? You can do that too.

Go ahead - Go here.

Make a difference for this family.

3 comments:

  1. They truly are an inspiration to us all!! With I was coming to do the 5k!! For sure will donate though!!!

    ps...how are you doing? ive been missing ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should say WISH I was coming to the the 5k...not 'with'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could be part of the 5k, I had NO idea that this was the Hughes family! I guess being away from Heber has its ups and downs, Im glad to be out of the gossip, but sad that I sometimes miss out on the stories that could use a prayer. We will absolutely donate, thank you for spreading the word!

    ReplyDelete