Sunday, April 27, 2008

Training Update

I noticed on Brett's blog the other day that he posted a training update. It has been a while since I have done the same. My training hasn't been what I would have liked it to be. We've had sick kids around here and that always throws me for a loop. I'm not at all a morning person, but I'm afraid I'm going to have to become one if I want to get all of my mileage in for the three sports I'm going to have to endure in about 6 weeks.

Brett took Ryan to work on Friday for the 'Bring your kid to work day' and Sydney was at school so I decided I would take a jog. I ended up going 4.6 miles in 42 minutes and 30 seconds. I did walk about 1/4 of a mile uphill as the Dr has asked me not to run up hills. I do run up small ones, but this one is pretty steep, so I walked it and then finished out my run. I need to work a little harder on increasing my speed, but I was pleased with my run.

Yesterday I went on a 25 mile bike ride. It took me an hour and 38 minutes. Not the fastest time there either, but for my first really long ride I was pleased with the ride. The race route has changed this year for the Salem Triathlon, so for the next few weeks I am going to focus on improving my speed up Payson Canyon. I did get going 33 miles p/hr coming down hill, which is always fun.

This week I plan to be more consistent with my training. I didn't get any swimming in last week, but plan to swim 2 days this week along with running on Monday and Wednesday and a good bike ride on Tuesday. I also hope to get another good ride in on Saturday.

My mom and 2 of my sisters are coming up here from AZ on Wednesday afternoon to attend the Women's Conference at BYU on Thursday and Friday. I doubt I will get any exercising in either of those days other than the MUCH walking that will be done going from class to class at BYU.

I think I will probably post more training updates on my blog so that I am at least being accountable to someone, even if it is just cyberspace.

No comments:

Post a Comment